KFH 'set to win $1.5bn Bahrain BoT project'
Kuwait City, March 16, 2008
Islamic lender Kuwait Finance House (KFH) is close to winning a real estate deal in Bahrain worth $1.5 billion, a report said.
The project will include the construction of malls, hotels and clubs on an area of 5 sq km on a build-operate-transfer basis for 50 years, the Al-Rai newspaper said in an unsourced report.
Separately, the head of KFH's international investment department, Emad al-Monee, told the paper the firm was preparing a $100 million financing deal in Singapore.
The project would fund building a petrochemical plant with the government of Singapore and an Indian-Singaporean joint-venture, said Al-Monee.
Meanwhile, Al-Seyassah daily said in an unsourced report that an unidentified Saudi investor is in talks to buy a 10 percent stake in KFH. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show