KFH 'set to win $1.5bn Bahrain BoT project'
Kuwait City, March 16, 2008
Islamic lender Kuwait Finance House (KFH) is close to winning a real estate deal in Bahrain worth $1.5 billion, a report said.
The project will include the construction of malls, hotels and clubs on an area of 5 sq km on a build-operate-transfer basis for 50 years, the Al-Rai newspaper said in an unsourced report.
Separately, the head of KFH's international investment department, Emad al-Monee, told the paper the firm was preparing a $100 million financing deal in Singapore.
The project would fund building a petrochemical plant with the government of Singapore and an Indian-Singaporean joint-venture, said Al-Monee.
Meanwhile, Al-Seyassah daily said in an unsourced report that an unidentified Saudi investor is in talks to buy a 10 percent stake in KFH. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed