Marina West substation work on track
Manama, March 31, 2008
Marina West, Bahrain’s iconic new residential development on the Kingdom’s west coast, has said that work on developing the substation is reaching an advanced stage and is expected to be completed by April 2008.
A 66kV/11kV electrical substation known as the Al Sahel 66kV substation, is currently being established by the Electricity and Water Authority (EWA) at the Marina West Development.
A site of 2,117m² on the south-eastern corner of the development was previously allocated to EWA by the developer for this purpose.
“The substation which will house 2no. 30 MVA transformers will have an installed capacity of 60 MVA and a firm capacity of 36 MVA and will supply electricity exclusively to the Marina West Development”, said managing director of Marina West Mahmood Janahi.
“The civil work for the substation commenced during 2007 and is expected to be completed by April 2008 when the electrical contractor will commence the installation of the electrical equipment,” he added.
As Bahrain’s first and unique gated high rise residential beachfront community, Marina West will be set in tranquil and idyllic surroundings on the Kingdom’s west coast. In addition to breathtaking views, residents will be able to enjoy comprehensive recreational facilities and entertainment as well as the convenience of an extensive and high quality retail offering. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site