Etisalat unveils 'smart home' services
Abu Dhabi, May 12, 2008
Etisalat unveiled its wide portfolio of services targeting high-end real estate developments, with a focus on end-to-end integrated real estate services, as well as the latest integrated smart home solutions, intelligent office and community technologies.
Etisalat is represented this year by five of its companies – E-Real Estate; E-Facilities Management, Special Projects, Ubiquitous Telecommunications Technologies (UTT); and E-Vision - at Cityscape.
Combined these organizations have the capabilities to deploy Fiber to the Home (FTTH) bringing high-bandwidth connectivity and rich content to new buildings across the UAE and into many of Etisalat’s operational, international markets.
Visitors to Etisalat stand at the exhibition will have a unique opportunity to experience the latest intelligent building technologies in a simulated ‘Smart Home’ environment that supports and controls everything from entertainment options such as music, television or movies, to basic comforts such as lighting, window shades, said an Etisalat official.
"A touch controlled central command center allows one to program domestic life or office environments with ease, and enjoy features such as television viewing in living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, not to mention high-speed Internet access," said Dr Ahmed Al Jarwan, GM of Etisalat’s E-Real Estate Unit.
Centralised controls allow homeowners to heat and cool their homes according to their work schedules and the different rooms they use at various points in the day. They can even adjust the system from the office or the other side of the world with a few clicks, he explained.
Audio systems provide music, radio or satellite broadcasts throughout the home. Security systems can control lights, cameras, doors, gates and alert systems from a single location.
“Our participation in this event demonstrates Etisalat’s commitment and dedication to support the development and modernisation of the UAE. Etisalat is leading the way through providing an end-to-end smart home and intelligence office solutions. We have been closely involved with the Cityscape last year, and we had no hesitation in confirming our participation for 2008," he added.
Etisalat's Real Estate unit operates in all Etisalat buildings and sites, ensuring full optimisation of Etisalat owned units.
During 2007, operations focused on the development plans for all Etisalat sites and it has negotiated with outside parties for projects.
Using its in-house expertise, e-Real Estate has served as consultants and undertaken project management for operations inside and outside the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project