Tatweer names new VP for Dubailand
Dubai, May 13, 2008
Tatweer, a member of Dubai Holding, has appointed Laurent Jeanjean as vice-president of Universal City Dubailand, the 22 million sq ft development representing an investment of more than Dh17 billion ($4.6).
The project features its centerpiece one of the world’s largest theme parks - the spectacular seven million sq. ft. Universal Studios Dubailand.
The milestone development was launched in Dubai on April, 30, 2007 in the presence of Dubai Crown Prince Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, executive chairman of Tatweer Saeed Al Muntafiq, and chairman and CEO of Universal Parks and Resorts Thomas L Williams.
Jeanjean will be responsible for chalking out a strategy for Universal City Dubailand and ensuring its objectives are met through positioning the development as a landmark leisure and entertainment destination within the UAE and the region.
“Jeanjean’s appointment will add incredible value to Universal City Dubailand’s operation in Dubai. His extensive professional competency and experience in this domain will help him drive the mission of Universal City Dubailand,” said CEO of Tatweer Khalid Al Malik.
“Through the Universal City Dubailand project, Tatweer has become synonymous with the most innovative leisure, tourism and hospitality destinations, not only in the Middle East, but across the globe. We are confident the presence of an industry expert such as Jeanjean will further consolidate the strengths of the project, which will begin its operations by December 2010.“
In his previous role as director of Parks Operations of Disneyland Resort Paris, Jeanjean’s responsibilities included planning new attractions and implementing all new Walt Disney operational systems, building operational synergies between the two Disney parks, and improving other internal systems and onsite marketing and sales activities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed