Marina West signs deal with Tabreed Bahrain
Manama, May 13, 2008
Marina West, Bahrain’s iconic new residential development, has signed a deal with Bahrain District Cooling Company (Tabreed Bahrain) to provide cooling services for its 11 towers.
As a part of the agreement, Tabreed Bahrain will provide 10,500 tons of refrigeration (TR) to the entire $675 million Marina West beachfront development, said a statement.
“Marina West will be one of the Middle East's premier destinations for a beachfront lifestyle community,” said Mahmood Janahi, managing director, Marina West.
He added: “We chose Tabreed Bahrain because it has a comprehensive track record in regional district cooling expertise and we wanted nothing but the best for Marina West customers.”
“Marina West is one of the Kingdom's most prestigious and exciting developments,” said Bernt Andersson, Tabreed Bahrain's CEO. “Tabreed Bahrain is uniquely placed to provide world-class expertise and services to clients in the kingdom. This win is a considerable boost to our efforts in promoting the use of district cooling as an environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient means of providing cooling services for future developments.”
He concluded: ‘Work is underway for the design of the Tabreed plant for Marina West. Target date for the commencement of services is March 31, 2010. However testing and commissioning will start January 1, 2010’. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund