Wednesday 23 July 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Work complete on $200m Dubai hospital

Dubai, May 19, 2008

Construction work on the Saudi German Hospital – Dubai has been completed and the project is on schedule to open next year, a statement said.

The $200 million project, at Al Barsha, is undertaken by the Emirates Healthcare Development Company, a strategic joint venture between the Islamic Finance Company, that hold a 49 per cent ownership stake and the Saudi Bait Al Batterjee Holding that holds the remaining 51 per cent stake.

Given the recent completion of the hospital’s infrastructure, the company is now in the process of procuring state-of-the-art medical equipment and supplies, at a cost of $40 million, to prepare for the official opening of the hospital.

Chairman of Islamic Finance Company, Abdullah Saeed Musallam Al Qubaisi, said:  “The Islamic Finance Company is extremely pleased with the hospital’s progress so far. It is an honour for us to be a part of this world class project in partnership with Bait Al Batterjee Holding, under whom the Saudi German Hospital Group operates. As the largest private healthcare company in the Mena region, the Saudi German Hospital Group has a wealth of industry related experience in design, construction and operations. The $200 million Hospital, is built to meet the highest of international standards, and will play a fundamental role in meeting the needs of patients across the region, placing it amongst the top health care facilities in Dubai.”

The Saudi German Hospital - Dubai is being constructed on a 90,000 sq m area in Al Barsha. It will open in 2009 and will provide approximately 1,500 employment opportunities.

Sub-specialty departments inside the General Hospital will include pediatrics, spinal cord surgery, open-heart surgery, a woman’s hospital, ophthalmology and an internal medicine department. The hospital aims to provide the best medical services in the UAE, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Dubai | Islamic Finance | Saudi German Hospital | Batterji |

More Construction & Real Estate Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads

Buy high quality China wholesale Health & Beauty , Electronics, Sports & Outdoors , Computers, Video Games, Toys & Hobbies Cell Phones, Automobiles and other wholesale products directly from reliable Chinese wholesalers or Factories on DHgate.com