Khaleeji raises $164m for India venture
Manama, May 22, 2008
Khaleeji Commercial Bank has raised $163.5 million of equity from investors across GCC for Danat India Investment Company.
Danat will invest in a real estate development project near New Delhi, targeted at the expanding middle class of India.
India, currently one of the leading emerging markets is expected to be the world's third largest economy by 2050, ahead of Japan, the UK and Germany.
'We are extremely pleased with the response to Danat, which is our first foray into the Indian Sub-continent,' said Khaleeji Commercial Bank chief executive officer Ebrahim H Ebrahim.
'With a target return on investment of 83 per cent over a three-year period, Danat seeks to address the demand for middle income residential properties driven by increasing urbanisation, growing disposable income and easier financing options. It offers our investors an opportunity to potentially benefit from the continued growth of the Indian economy, especially the demand from its burgeoning middle class.'
'GCC and Mena will remain our key area of interest, especially given the pace of development in the region,' he said. 'However, we believe there are opportunities in other emerging markets including India and other parts of Asia, which we would like to capitalise on.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes