Putzmeister reports $1.5bn sales
Dubai, May 29, 2008
German construction machinery manufacturers Putzmeister Group has reported consolidated sales of $1.5 billion in 2007.
The company for developing and assembling plastering machines, which was founded in 1958 in Karl Schlecht's father's garage, is today, with over 20 subsidiaries world-wide, one of the leading providers of concrete pumps and booms, mortar pumps and screed conveyors as well as pump and silo systems for industrial high-density solids, the company said in a statement.
Putzmeister's range of products is rounded off by mobile conveyor belt systems and high-pressure cleaners for professional operators, it added.
Putzmeister, which employs 4,000 staff, began establishing its own branches in Germany as early as the 1960s (Munich, Essen, Hamburg, Hildesheim – later also Frankfurt, Berlin and Gera).
From the 1970s, international subsidiaries were also added in Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Brazil and South Africa, and later also in the US, China, Korea, Japan, Russia, India and Turkey. In addition, a well trained organization of around 300 dealers and service support points supported PM sales at home and abroad.
With the development of a practical mortar pump (1958), the first continuous mixing pump for gypsum plaster (1965) and a compressed air-based screed conveyor (1965), Karl Schlecht revolutionised the industry in both interior and exterior construction work.
Putzmeister extended its range of products with the development of concrete pumps in the 1960s. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract