L&T to bid for new Muscat airport
Mumbai, June 2, 2008
Larsen & Toubro Ltd, India's top construction and engineering firm, plans to bid for building a new airport in Muscat, a report said.
"The government of Oman is in the process of inviting bids. We will be submitting bids," the Hindustan Times newspaper quoted an unnamed company official as saying.
The contract could be worth up to 30 billion rupees ($711 million), it said.
A L&T spokesman could not be immediately reached for comment.
"We will look for foreign airport modernisation contracts and greenfield airports, as and when they come up," the paper quoted KV Rangaswamy, president of L&T's construction division, as saying.
Muscat's current international airport can handle 4.2 million passengers, while the new one planned 15 km away would have a capacity for 12 million passengers that would eventually go up to 48 million, the newspaper said.
L&T, which has built two new airports in India, is also involved in modernising the Delhi and Mumbai airports. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract