Drake & Scull wins Fairmont Palm deal
Dubai, June 9, 2008
Drake & Scull International (DSI), a leading end-to-end service provider of electrical and mechanical engineering, has won a major hotel contract in Dubai.
The contract covers the full mechanical, electrical and plumbing works (MEP) for the five-star Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort located on the western portion of The Trunk of Palm Jumeirah.
The Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort project has a contract value Dh162 million with an expected completion date of November 2009. DSI was appointed by IFA Hotels & Resorts.
Khaldoun Al Tabari, chief executive officer of Drake and Scull International commented: “This is a landmark win for us. Not only are we happy to be involved with such a prestigious project, we are also proud to have 3,000 people working on different projects on the Palm Jumeirah. Our strong working relationship with IFA Hotels & Resorts was built through proving our ability to deliver the best quality work within the client’s set requirements, budget and schedule and we look forward to many more projects with them.”
For Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort, DSI will supply, install, test and commission the complete heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) works as well as the plumbing, drainage, water treatment and fire fighting systems.
DSI will also supply and install liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), electrical and small power installations as well as hotel interactive TV system, guest room management system, CCTV system, and access control system.
The 400-room Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort is equipped with exceptional leisure facilities and accommodation, along with a premier business centre, banqueting facilities, cafes and leisure facilities. The resort will be built on the prime southwest side of the 'Trunk' portion, and will stretch over 460 m of beachfront.
DSI is also working on other projects on the Palm Jumeirah for IFA Hotels & Resorts including The Palm Residence Souq, part of The Palm Golden Mile and consisting of 860 luxury apartments, and the Fairmont Palm Residence, ultra luxurious residential development comprising 558 deluxe apartments, townhouses and penthouses.
DSI installs the essential core systems of buildings and is a market leader in the MEP and civil contracting sector. Some recent projects include Shangri-La Abu Dhabi Hotel, Park Place Tower, Indigo Tower, Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre, Zayed University Campus, Dubai Police Headquarters building, JBR District Cooling plant, and Dubai Festival City District Cooling scheme. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings