GOP ties up with Edamah
Manama, June 11, 2008
The General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) and Bahrain Real-Estate Investment Company (Edamah), one of Bahrain’s leading real estate development companies, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop serviced facilities at the Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ) starting in the fourth quarter of 2008.
The MoU was signed at the offices of the GOP in Hidd by director general of the GOP Hassan Ali Almajed and CEO of Edamah Ma’amoon K Al Moayyed.
Edamah will develop, in conjunction with GOP, serviced facilities for the Bahrain Logistics Zone, which is the region’s first boutique logistics area. These will include serviced warehouses, offices and retail space for tenants of the one square kilometre customs-free area. Edamah’s work will include design, construction and commissioning of these facilities, said an official spokesman.
“The Bahrain Logistics Zone represents an exciting opportunity for organisations looking for a regional logistics hub to reach the crucial markets of the Arabian Gulf. An integral part of our offer is the provision of world-class serviced facilities and we require an expert partner to deliver these,” said Almajed.
“Edamah has the know-how of delivering progressive, high quality developments which is a perfect fit for the Bahrain Logistics Zone. We believe this is the right partnership, and we are very enthusiastic about joining forces with Edamah.”
Work is near completion on infrastructure elements of the Bahrain Logistics Zone, including all roads, utilities and telecommunications networks, which have been undertaken by the Ministry of Works.
“One of Edamah’s central principles is to set modern rules and practices in our developments, leading the way in sustainability and innovation. We look forward to bringing this approach to one of Bahrain’s most exciting new commercial opportunities – the Bahrain Logistics Zone,” said Al Moayyed.
When complete, the Bahrain Logistics Zone will be fully integrated with Bahrain’s new Khalifa bin Salman port, which will have a capacity of 2.5 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
The Bahrain Logistics Zone is also in close proximity to the causeway linking Bahrain to Saudi Arabia and the planned causeway to Qatar, as well as to Bahrain International Airport.
Tenants will be able to lease either plots at the site or pre-built serviced warehouses, offices and retail space. They also benefit from a range of services designed to provide a one-stop shop for all their setup requirements, including registration, licensing and visa processing.
The establishment of Bahrain Real Estate Investment Company “Edamah”, represents a strategic direction by Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company.
Edamah enjoys the distinction of being exclusively the company which manages public real-estate properties and lands. Since its inception the company’s declared/authorised capital touched BD500 million ($1,330 million) with a paid-up capital of BD100 million and assets value of BD1 billion.- TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project