Dubai Pearl unveils $681m Baccarat project
Dubai, July 28, 2008
Pearl Dubai, a consortium of investors led by the Al Fahim Group, flew 150 investors to Paris for an exclusive preview of the design and décor of the Dh2.5 billion ($681 million) Baccarat Hotel and Residences project.
The project is scheduled to be completed at the Dubai Pearl development in 2011.
Complementing Dubai Pearl’s status to offer the best-of-breed projects and quality, the invited guests were additionally treated to a private concert by legendary artist Sir Elton John after the unveiling of the Baccarat Residences.
Headed by Abdul Majeed Al Fahim, chairman of Pearl Dubai, and Santhosh Joseph, president and CEO, Dubai Pearl, the entourage comprised heads of Starwood Capital Group and French crystal maker Baccarat, including Russell Sternlicht, president, Starwood Capital EMEA and Directeur Général, Groupe du Louvre, parent company of Baccarat, Neil Jacobs, President Global Hotel Operations for Starwood Capital Group, Hervé Martin, CEO of Baccarat, Chafik Gasmi, artistic director of Baccarat, as well as leading UAE businessmen and members of the media.
Abdul Majeed Al Fahim, chairman of Pearl Dubai, said: ’Our initiative of the trip was to acquaint our investors with the signature Baccarat brand, including a visit to the magnificent Maison Baccarat, bringing them one step closer to being part of their upcoming Dubai Pearl experience.
To be developed in association with the US-based Starwood Capital Group, the Baccarat Hotel and Residences at Dubai Pearl will reflect the ingenious handcrafted work of Baccarat, which boasts a lineage of 244 years in fashioning inspired crystal pieces of the highest quality.
Al Fahim added: ’Since 1764, Baccarat has built a reputation of providing elegant luxury products offering unparalleled beauty and flawless brilliance.
’The Baccarat Hotel and Residences will therefore front a new destination not only in Dubai, but in the Middle East as well.’
The Baccarat Hotel at the Dubai Pearl, located in the signature 73-storey, four-tower heart of the project, will envelop over 800,000 sq ft of space and comprise approximately 340 rooms.
The Dh1 billion Baccarat Residences will feature elegantly designed apartments over the 300,000 sq. feet and clients have the option to do their space planning for their apartment if they so desire.
Expansive swimming pools, roof gardens, crystal chandeliers and sweeping staircases will define both developments and set them apart as one of the most prestigious addresses in the whole of the Middle East. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals