Durrat, Jawad sign convenience stores deal
Manama, July 30, 2008
Durrat Al Bahrain, the Kingdom’s largest planned luxury mixed-use residential, commercial and resort development, has signed an agreement with Jawad Group, Bahrain’s leading supermarket and convenience store operator, to supply convenience stores across the island city resort.
The contract will be managed by Durrat Resort Management, Durrat Al Bahrain’s newly formed subsidiary created to deliver a global standard in community development and management.
Jawad Group will initially supply two mid-sized, 24-hour convenience stores on two of Durrat Al Bahrain’s residential islands, which will be open and ready for business when the first phase of villas are delivered to homeowners in November.
In addition to the convenience stores, Jawad will also supply a Costa Coffee on one of the islands.
Jassim Al Jowder, CEO of Durrat Al Bahrain, said: ’We have always been very clear that we are creating more than a development. Durrat Al Bahrain is a city of the future and a city needs to have the right facilities to create an environment where communities will freely develop.
’Our agreement with Jawad Group illustrates the level of quality and the kind of day to day amenities we are seeking to bring to Durrat Al Bahrain for our residents to enjoy.’
Julian Butson, resort city manager – Durrat Al Bahrain for Olive-vfm, said: ’Today’s announcement is a first step in delivering Durrat Resort Management’s mandate, which is to create sustainable community facilities that will support the development of informal and formal groups across the Durrat Al Bahrain community.
’By having Jawad Group supply our convenience stores for the first phase of homeowners, we are not only ensuring that residents will have easy access to their every day needs, but, we are also creating community focal points in their own right.
’The addition of a Costa Coffee outlet from Jawad will also be important in offering a range of community facilities for residents.’
Faisal Jawad, chairman and CEO, Jawad Business Group, said: ’We’re very excited to be working with Durrat Resort Management. We have been impressed with the ambition of the team – it’s very clear to us that we are responsible for delivering more than market leading convenience stores.
’Durrat Resort Management wants us to play our part in helping to develop what will become the Durrat Al Bahrain community and we are delighted to be involved in this process.’
Durrat Al Bahrain is owned by the Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain Company, in which the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain and Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain each hold a 50 percent stake. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan