Durrat Marina starts taking shape
Manama, August 2, 2008
Durrat Marina, a joint venture between Al Khaleej Development Company (Tameer) and Durrat Al Bahrain, has announced the completion of the reclamation work, which had started in last quarter of 2007.
The multi billion dollar diversified world class marina is the first mixed use marina development of its kind in the Middle East, said an Durrat Marina official.
’Durrat Marina continues to make waves in the region as it has already attracted many of the mid and high income citizens from across the region to invest and buy home on the marina of luxury living,’ said Ahmed Al Qattan, chairman of the executive committee, Durrat Marina.
“The reclamation work has been a critical as well as a challenging phase for Durrat Marina. We have now come to the end of a seven-month period of reclamation. Now we can see the final shape of the-state-of-art marina,” he noted.
The marina will offer a variety of accommodation unites from marina facing townhouses to luxury apartments at a very affordable price along with first class facilities such as fancy restaurants and shopping mall as well as its strategic location within Durrat Al Bahrain, the island of luxury living.
Jassim Al Jowdar, CEO, Durrat Al Bahrain Said, ’We are delighted that the reclamation work came to an end at the unique marina project which for sure it will add value to the kingdom as a center for tourism at the region, and also enhancing the kingdom economy.’
The exclusive luxurious and residential mega marina project offers a superb selection of upscale apartments, townhouses, penthouses and plots of land reserved for those developers who are seeking sound investment.
In addition, residents will enjoy large landscaped green areas, children’s play area, sporting and water facilities.
Bahrain’s most inspiring development, Durrat Al Bahrain is deemed as a hallmark resort island city of the 21st century, he said.
Located on the south coast of Bahrain, this 21 sq km master development has been created across a cluster of 15 spectacular islands.
It will host, among its many kaleidoscopic offerings, over 2,000 beautiful beachfront villas, 3,600 executive apartments and offices, luxury hotels and spa resorts, parks and entertainment precincts, mosques and international schools, premier retail malls, restaurants and Ernie Els designed 18-hole championship golf course.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings