Acacia Real Estate enters India retail JV
Manama, August 11, 2008
Acacia Real Estate Limited said it has acquired a 26 per cent stake in a retail development mall in Delhi through a joint venture with Anant Raj Group, a publicly-listed company with a market capitalization of $1.2 billion.
A specialised real estate investment company with focus on income generating and development projects, Acacia, was established through a spin-off of real estate business of Bahrain-based Taib Bank.
The deal has been structured in a Shari’ah-compliant manner. The project is expected to generate a return on equity for investors of 83 per cent over a 3.5 year holding period.
Bahrain-based Taib Bank has been appointed as the exclusive placement agent for the project.
The $220 million retail mall development will consist of 600,000 sq ft of retail space upon completion.
The mall will be managed by Sandalwood, a joint venture company of Jones Lang LaSalle and Colonial First State Property Management, a leading Australian retail management firm.
The JV partners are currently in advanced discussions with the potential anchor tenant of the mall.
Iqbal Mamdani, executive committee board member and Acacia vice chairman said, ’We’re proud to be able to offer our clients the first Sharia’h-compliant deal in India’s growing real estate and retail market.’
’This deal provides investors with an attractive return and upside potential in one of the fastest growing emerging markets. I’m also very pleased that our second real estate deal in India is with a highly reputed partner who has an excellent track record.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan