Schon Prop awards $7.5m contract to NSCC
Dubai, September 1, 2008
Schon Properties has signed a Dh27.5 million ($7.5 million) contract with NSCC to handle additional shoring and enabling works for Zones Two to Eight of the Dubai Lagoon project.
With an intensified construction program now underway, this new agreement will pave the way for more streamlined development of the site, said a top Schon Properties official.
'We selected NSCC because of its reputation in the market and its proven track record of efficiency and superb results in delivering turnkey foundation engineering, which will be integral in our renewed push to deliver the remaining sections of the project in the best possible time,' Asher H. Schon, vice president of Schon Properties.
'We have every faith that NSCC will provide an outstanding service in line with our goals,' he remarked.
NSCC are pioneers in foundation works, and considered at the forefront of the design and construction of foundation engineering solutions.
Mobilisation on site is expected to commence in a fortnight, once all permits have been processed, Schon noted.
It is expected to take approximately six months including site preparation, shoring works, and the excavation of 600,000 cubic metres of sand and the construction of double basements in specified zones to allow for additional parking.
NSCC was the first company to introduce piled foundations to the UAE in the early 1970s, and has been the foundation and enabling works partner for many iconic projects in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract