Kerzner pumps $1bn more into Atlantis Palm
Dubai, September 21, 2008
Kerzner International, which is building the Atlantis resort on the Palm Jumeirah has planned to invest another $1 billion for the expansion of the resort, a report said.
With the new funds, the assets of the Palm will go up to around Dh9.2 billion ($2.5 billion), a senior official was quoted as saying in the Gulf News report.
Since Kerzner has used up only half the area it owns for the $1.5 billion Atlantis resort, it wants to come up with a mixed-use Cove Atlantis in the rest of the area.
'We're working on a concept very similar to what we have in the Cove, Bahamas,' said Alan Leibman, managing director of Kerzner International. 'That's in the design phase right now.'
'It will be a Cove with other elements. It'll be mixed-use with the hotel and condos and we're right in the middle of design right now,' Leibman added.
The expansion cost will be nearly $1 billion.
The Atlantis is all set to open on September 24, inspite of the fire that broke out about three weeks ago.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings