DWC fourth phase grading work complete
Dubai, October 2, 2008
Grading work on the fourth phase of Dubai World Central (DWC) - the multi-phase urban development centred around the world’s largest airport - has been completed.
The work, costing Dh46 million, will enable contractor access to a crucial component of the project – DWC Aviation City.
The $1.36 billion DWC Aviation City will be home to DWC’s executive jet terminal and the world’s largest MRO centre, with many operators ready to start construction on-site.
Over 3.739 million cu m of earth was moved over four months for phase four. A total of 64.735 million cu m of earth has been moved over all four phases covering over 74.39 sq km since grading first commenced in January 2005.
“With the fourth phase of grading complete we can start to plan the allotment of land for DWC Aviation City tenants,” said Abdulla Al Falasi, DWC’s director of marketing and corporate communications.
“This will enable DWC Aviation City operators to be operational by 2010-11,” he continued.
All four grading phases were carried out by Dubai-based Trident Transport Company.
Phase 1 grading work included Dubai Logistics City (DLC) while phase 2 grading work was spread across areas earmarked for DWC-Al Maktoum International Airport and parts of DWC Residential City, in addition to DLC’s Headquarters and Office Park.
DWC’s phase 3 grading covered parceled zones earmarked for a balanced mix of residential, retail and hotels, in addition to communal areas reserved for educational, cultural, health and recreational activities as well as mosques, sports and entertainment centres.
Dubai World Central has already commenced phase 5 of the grading works which is expected to be completed by July 2009. This will cover areas adjacent to the first runway.
The construction of the passenger terminal is on schedule for completion in mid-2009. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals