Damac awards JVS elevator contracts
Dubai, October 14, 2008
Damac Properties has awarded the elevator contract for three of the company’s projects in Jumeirah Village South (JVS) to Al Arabia for installation of the leading Korean brand Sigma Elevators.
Al Arabia, part of the Juma Al Majid Group, is the exclusive distributor for Sigma Elevator Company, a 30-year old company supplying elevators and escalators to more than 50 nations worldwide through its global network.
Sigma elevators have also been installed in Damac Properties’ Marina Terrace and The Waves projects in Dubai Marina and the company’s Lake Terrace project in Jumeirah Lake Towers.
All these projects have been handed over by Damac. In 2008, Damac will also deliver 536 units in Lake View located at Jumeirah Lake Towers in Dubai, 192 units in Executive Heights project at Tecom in Dubai, 198 units in Tera Del Sol 1&2 in Discovery Gardens in Dubai and 847 units of The Crescent, located at IMPZ in Dubai. In 2009/10, they will deliver a further 7000 units across the region.
'Based on our past experience with Al Arabia and the Sigma brand we decided to go ahead with the same partner for our prestigious Jumeirah Village South projects,' said Peter Riddoch, CEO, Damac Properties.
'We have observed that Sigma is capable of providing its customers with the best quality products and services as they feature unmatched safety, ride comfort, and also sport a very modern design,” he added.
Emirates Gardens 2 is a stunning sequel to the company’s Emirates Gardens 1 project. The project offers a quiet and serene lifestyle with a combination of three developments - Maple, Magnolia and Mulberry.
Each of these developments comprises two G+4 level buildings. Emirates Gardens 2 project will encompass a built-up area of approximately 750,000 square feet and will offer a diverse selection of spacious Mediterranean and Arabic themed studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
Tuscan residence is a low rise 3-building development. The Siena, Florence and Arezzo five storey towers are reminiscent of Tuscany, while encompassing a plethora of studio, one and two bedroom apartments including spacious interiors and large balconies in every apartment.
Luxury Amenities at Tuscan Residence include a state of the art health club and swimming pool, ample parking space, along with retail and restaurants at the ground level.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar unveils luxury homes in ‘BLVD Crescent’
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts