Abu Dhabi unveils new Formula One circuit
Abu Dhabi, October 16, 2008
The Yas Marina Circuit, the venue of next year's inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, was unveiled on Wednesday at a unique art exhibition at the Emirates Palace.
The exhibition features a selection of images of the new track's facilities that have been transformed into pieces of art.
The stunning Yas Marina Hotel with the track running right through it was the highlight of the exhibition.
The Sun Tower, 60 metres above the track allowing VIP guests the perfect view of the action, and the Marina with a yacht club are the other attractions.
The hotel, which will have 500 suites and bedrooms, a ballroom and six restaurants, will even change colour at night with the help of 4,800 LED panels that will cover it like a second skin.
Race cars will travel at speed down a short straight between the hotel's two main buildings and under the pedestrian bridge linking them, giving spectators the best possible view.
The first Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will serve as next year's season finale on November 15. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Carillion Alawi wins $201m Oman contract
- Aldar awards $1.1bn contract to Arabtec venture