Bahrain firm unveils $60m residential projects
Manama, October 26, 2008
Century Homes has unveiled three residential six-storey buildings to be built at its $60 million Marina Reef project.
'Marina Reef at Reef Island is located in a prime location next to the Bahrain Financial Harbour,' said vice-chairman Hedia Sassi, showcasing the project at the Bipex property show.
'We have sold 80 per cent so far and our participation in the exhibition has attracted several investors and buyers.
'Its superb location means it's just walking distance to Seef Mall, A'ali Complex and the new Bahrain City Centre, and just 20 minutes drive from Bahrain International Airport.
Century Homes also showcased its $25 million Landmark Citiview project, where 70pc of the residential units have been sold.
'Landmark Citiview is a 20-storey building and is located opposite Dana Mall,' said Ms Sassi.
'This is a very ideal location because people generally like to be near the malls and shops.
'The exclusive homes offer people the choice of three bedroom executive suites on the top two floors with the remaining floors offering one and two bedroom options.
'It includes a swimming pool and bathing deck, sauna and steam rooms situated on the top floor, in addition to gym and state-of-the-art equipment.'
Ms Sassi said that piling work for Landmark Citiview has already finished and construction will begin very soon.
'Marina Reef is still in the piling phase but construction will begin soon and work will be completed by 2010,' she said.
Ms Sassi said that the financial crisis had not affected the Bahraini market and people were still interested in buying at the exhibition.
'This exhibition had a very positive effect on us as we got to meet many people and it helped us to be in the market,' she said.
Meanwhile, Century Homes chairman Ebrahim Abdulaal Alfahad said that a new $250 million project would be launched in Dubai next month.
'This is one of the unique projects to be launched there and we will have an international spa in the hotel in addition to terrace courts, bowling alleys, swimming pools, gym and sauna,' he said.
Alfahad said that all apartments would be smart apartments with an energy saving system. Crown Dilmun Development, which is a member of Ebrahim Abdulaal Companies, is the developer for all the projects.- TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract