Mayadeen unveils $435m 'Aurora'
Dubai, October 29, 2008
National Ranges Company (Mayadeen), a Kuwaiti shareholding property development company, has unveiled its Dh1.6 billion ($435 million) landmark project 'Aurora' in Abu Dhabi.
The Mayadeen project, located in Shams on Al Reem Island, has now been opened for sales.
The project comprises two 53-storey residential towers at 208 metres high which will feature 960 apartments, ranging from one bedroom to four bedroom penthouses and duplex rooms, said a Gulf News report.
The project includes the construction of a 14-storey commercial tower, which will offer 112,000 sq ft of commercial space.
It will have a canal promenade with retail space and a 12-storey parking building that can accommodate 1,674 cars.
Ali Al Attar, Mayadeen chief executive, said the initial phase of shoring and piling work has been completed and the company is currently in preparation for the second phase, which will include work on the foundation structure.
Mayadeen has signed with five contractors for this project and progress is on schedule, he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects