Carillion wins $158m Dubai contract
Dubai, November 5, 2008
British support services group Carillion said it won another contract in the Middle East and confirmed it expects to deliver improved earnings in 2009, sending its shares higher.
Carillion said its 49 percent-owned Al Futtaim Carillion joint venture won a 100 million pound ($158 million) contract for the German Business Park project in Dubai.
This is in addition to a 500 million pound deal announced on Tuesday with Aldar Properties, the second largest property developer in the United Arab Emirates.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has just completed a four-day trip to Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE, during which deals worth at least 800 million pounds were sealed, business minister Peter Mandelson said on Tuesday.
Carillion chief executive John McDonough said the group is confident of doubling its revenue from its Middle East and North Africa businesses to over 600 million pounds by the end of 2009.
"The outlook is for continuing growth as our markets in the region are expected to remain strong for the next five to ten years," he said.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project