ME air conditioning market 'doing well'
Dubai, November 25, 2008
The region's air conditioning market is growing at a rapid pace even in the face of a slowdown, industry experts stated.
Currently, district cooling in the region amounts to about 1.8 million tonnes of air conditioning, which is valued at Dh1.32 billion ($360 million),
according to the Gulf News report.
'We expect another 6.5 million tonnes of air conditioning from district cooling between now and 2015 which sends up the market to $1.2 billion,' Aftab Khan, chief executive of Carrier, was quoted as saying in the report.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility