Ocean Heights work picks up pace
Dubai, December 24, 2008
Luxury lifestyle provider Damac Properties is showing its determination to delivery on time by completing a floor every 5.2 days at its Ocean Heights tower at Dubai Marina.
The 84-storey skyscraper is being constructed by Arabtec, one of the Gulf’s leading construction contractors and currently staffs on-site are successfully delivering one complete floor in a little over every five working days.
Ocean Heights is set to be one of Damac Properties’ most iconic buildings with a twisting architectural design which is now starting to take shape. People driving past the building at Dubai Marina can now witness the building starting to give the appearance of ‘turning’ as it reaches the 30th floor, said a company official.
CEO of Damac Properties Peter Riddoch welcomed the progress on site by Arabtec and praised the focus and efficiency they had shown.
“We are working with Arabtec on many of our buildings. They have a reputation for delivering successfully on projects and for meeting even the most complicated of building challenges,” he said.
“With delivery being at the heart of the Damac promise for customers it is so important to us to see progress of the nature we are seeing at Ocean Heights. One floor being completed every week is something both companies are rightly proud of.”
Ocean Heights will eventually offer 680 apartments ranging from one to three bedrooms. In addition several floors of the building will feature Damac Properties’ Signature Series penthouse range – ultimate luxury apartments with the latest in hi-tec gadgetry and luxurious home comforts.
These apartments have been designed by HBA (Hersh Bedner Associates), a leader in hospitality interior design worldwide, and combine elegant décor with the most up to date home management systems.
In addition to providing stunning individual homes, Ocean Heights will offer an outdoor leisure deck complete with pool plus a gym and sauna/steam rooms for all residents. There will also be restaurants and cafes at ground level with nearby links to the new Dubai Metro and extensive leisure facilities and shops of the Marina on hand. The building is scheduled for completion in 2010. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals