Fujairah-MAF JV to build new City Centre mall
Fujairah, January 12, 2009
The Government of Fujairah and the Majid Al Futtaim Group have announced the signing of a joint venture to build a City Centre mall and Retail Park in Fujairah.
The development, which is due to open in 2011, shall facilitate the shopping needs of local residents and is expected to attract visitors from other emirates as well, statement said.
The total cost of the project has not been revealed.
Majid Al Futtaim Group, a leading retail and leisure facilities provider, was selected as the partner of choice by the government-owned Fujairah Investment Establishment (FIE) for the project, said a statement.
The two groups will work together to develop the new City Centre shopping mall, it said.
Mohamad Saeed Al Dhanhani, Emiri Court director, said: “We chose Majid Al Futtaim Group because of its track record in creating retail and leisure destinations that understand customers and become part of everyday life. Their reputation for delivering the highest standards of quality and excellence makes them the perfect partner to build our shopping centre.”
Commenting on the announcement, Stefan Kirsten, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Group, said: “Everyone at MAF is thrilled to have been chosen for this exciting project. It means we can use all our experience and energy to provide a whole range of shopping products, facilitating the requirements of the people in Fujairah, in our home market of the UAE.” –TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes