Nakheel begins handover of JV villas
Dubai, February 2, 2009
Dubai’s master developer, Nakheel, said work was progressing as per schedule at the Jumeirah Village and it had started handing over 300 villas at the new Nakheel community located in the heart of Dubai.
Nakheel has sold 96 per cent of available villas and townhouses in Jumeirah Village and this is the second release of residences, said a top official.
'With all work progressing on schedule, Nakheel expects 2,200 villas and townhouses in Jumeirah Village to have been handed over to residents by the end of this year which contributes 8 per cent of all new homes in Dubai, Marwan Al Naqi, general manager, Jumeirah Village, noted.
'We extend a warm welcome to our new residents here at Jumeirah Village, a development that offers a strong sense of community at the geographic heart of Dubai,' he remarked.
'By implementing a quality plan we have set a bench mark to ensure that all Nakheel products are handed over in the highest standards we can achieve,' he noted.
'The first words that come to my mind as we start the handover of 300 villas are very worthwhile. To be able to witness first hand how teamwork and dedication can turn the completion of a vision into reality is remarkable,' Al Naqi said.
'Home is where the heart is, we like to believe that we are the heart of so many homes in Jumeirah Village,' he observed.
On completion in 2013, Jumeirah Village will have a projected population of 300,000; making the development city-like in scale, while retaining a community feel.
This will be achieved though a balance of residential and commercial buildings, community amenities like mosques and schools, integrated traffic and transport routes, and access to open spaces – including parks, green spaces and water features.
Located north of Emirates Road and west of Al Barsha Road, Jumeirah Village is bisected by Al Khail Road into triangular and circular portions.
‘The Circle’ comprises commercial, residential and retail components, while ‘The Triangle’ is predominantly made up of villas, surrounded by 30-35 levels residential towers and G+4 levels buildings.
Spread across 811 hectares, Jumeirah Village is designed with families in mind, providing the opportunity to enjoy modern life, within a beautifully landscaped environment.
Pedestrian friendly walkways will lead to gardens and streets surrounded by trees and carefully planned recreational facilities. Residential and commercial towers extend out along the green spaces, punctuated with retail shops, restaurants and parks.
Jumeirah Village has a range of accommodation options for residents, including over 2,180 villas and town houses being constructed by Nakheel.
Owners can choose between Arabic and Mediterranean architectural styles, with carved doors, arches and beautiful thematic geometric and floral tiling.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract