Bahrain road projects put on hold
Manama, February 7, 2009
All future road projects in Bahrain have been put on hold due to delays in approving a national budget for the next two years, it has emerged.
Works Ministry director of roads projects and maintenance Raed Al Salah revealed a list of developments had been submitted to the government, but officials were still waiting to hear which ones had been approved.
However, he stressed all of Bahrain's existing projects were progressing on schedule and said they would not be affected by the budget stalemate between the Cabinet and MPs.
"What gets affected is the commencement of any new project, but ongoing projects will continue," said Al Salah.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi