Maalem announces executive appointment
Manama, February 17, 2009
Maalem holding company (Maalem) has announced the appointments to its executive management team, in line with its expansion strategies.
Saleh Al Nashwan, chief executive officer, said that with the current financial downturn, new options and strategies are being developed which will help investors and businesses.
“Investments and businesses are all about providing the right answers at the right time, and we feel that although the headlines remain negative, there is still good news under the surface and we need to be in a position to support these development areas,” he said. “We must have a holistic view about business and approach investments using our institutional model.”
Maalem has been formed to capitalise on business development opportunities across the region that arise from real demand from end-users, and is combining its analytical processes with what Al Nashwan describes as genuine business fundamentals. “Our goal is to turn a gap in the market into a viable solution which will deliver sustained profitability and generate long term value to stakeholders at all levels” he added.
Commenting on the new management team, Abdulla Al Zain, chairman of Maalem said: “At Maalem we have put in place a team of specialists who understand how to develop businesses and get real returns across the value chain, from start up to the end-user. We are confident that our highly skilled team will see Maalem realize its vision of becoming a catalyst for growth and innovation in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex
- Hyundai Heavy wins $1.4bn Kuwait contract