Al Gurg brings one-coat paints to cut delays
Dubai, March 8, 2009
Al Gurg Paints (AGP) has brought fast-track steelwork coatings from Leigh’s Paints to the UAE, which help construction companies to keep projects on track and cut down costs.
“Fast-Track coatings are not only quick and easy, they also provide more protection than multi-coat applications,” said Sunil Gudur, chief manager, Al Gurg Paints.
“Engineers working on projects across the UAE are coming to us looking for a quick and cost effective way of treating their steel. Fast-Tack is the answer to their demands.”
By only needing to apply one coat to protect the steel instead of multiple layers, Fast-Track coatings contributes significantly to efficient construction planning, helping to minimise delays in construction and easing pressure on site managers, explained.
“Fast-Track is also low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can harm the environment, allowing contractors to gain points towards the Leed approval rating scheme,” added Gudur.
Fast-Track coatings comply with European standards for the level of VOCs and AGP recently achieved US Green Building Council Membership – a further sign of the company’s commitment to reduce the carbon footprint of the UAE.
With Fast-Track one coat protective finishes, most coating operations can be safely carried out in the fabricators paints shops, entirely off-site, eliminating the impact of the weather and its fast-drying properties allow for rapid handling and transportation to the site.
AGP is the sole manufacturer and distributer of ICI Dulux, its own Oasis brand and Leigh’s Paints.
AGP operates its own research and development laboratories, a host of Dulux Decorator Centres throughout the UAE and is one of the leading industrial paint contractors in the region working on iconic projects including Dubai Mall, Burj Al Arab and Maktoum Bridge.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals