Drake wins $163m Bahrain cooling project
Dubai, March 15, 2009
Dubai contractor Drake & Scull International, which will list its shares on Monday, has won a contract worth Dh600 million ($163.4 million) to provide district cooling in Bahrain, it said on Sunday.
Drake -- which specialises in mechanical, engineering and plumbing businesses -- will provide 85,000 tonnes of district cooling over a five-year period for Durrat Al Bahrain, a 21,000 hectare (51,891 acres) island city project, the company's chief executive Khaldoun Tabari told Reuters.
"I see Bahrain as a good market. There are a lot of projects there," he said, adding that Kuwait Finance House and Bahrain's Ministry of Planning are the project developers.
Tabari told Reuters last week it would spend as much as Dh500 million in acquisitions as it looks to expand in the Gulf and North Africa as its once-booming home market suffers a sharp downturn as a result of the financial crisis.
Drake's shares begin trading on the Dubai Financial Market on Monday, 8 months after its public offering. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project