Danube wins Newsweek award
Dubai, April 1, 2009
Danube Building Materials, one of the leading construction, building materials and shop fitting industries in the region, was among the ‘UAE’s Top 20 Performers for 2008’ honoured at a ceremony in Dubai.
Sheikh Hasher bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, director general, Dubai Department of Information, presented the awards at a colourful function last night (March 31) in the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
The list included industry leaders within the UAE who were identified by ‘Newsweek Arabic Edition’ to have successfully upheld their corporate objectives while making significant contribution to the overall progress of the UAE.
Rizwan Sajan, chairman of Danube Building Materials received the award, which recognises the company’s impressive performance and aggressive expansion last year.
Among Danube’s most notable achievements in 2008 was its establishment of seven new facilities in the UAE and across the region.
The company’s newest investments comprise a manufacturing facility in China, a production plant in Ajman, a ceiling manufacturing hub in Sharjah, and a steel factory in Oman.
In addition, Danube has also made sizeable investments within the major sub-sectors of the construction industry, including the UAE steel aluminum and glass markets, and the Bahraini steel market.
Furthermore, the company has launched two 'Buildmart' retail complexes in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE and in Bahrain. All these have contributed to Danube’s Dh1.1 billion sales revenues, which represent an impressive 70 per cent growth in its annual earnings for 2008.
“To be recognised by a reputed organisation such as Newsweek is truly a tremendous accomplishment, and we at Danube are very proud of this prestigious acknowledgment,” said Rizwan Sajan.
As part of the Newsweek Arabic Edition’s ‘Award of Excellence Program’, the news publication’s editorial team reviewed organisations from the government, semi-government and private sectors engaged in business, utilities and services in the UAE.
Danube made a strong impression among the judges as one of the companies with the most achievements and contributions to the construction industry and the UAE’s economy.
Providing top quality building materials to private developers, government projects and individual customers, Danube has been part of the UAE’s rise both as nation and as a regional real estate powerhouse.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project