MAF announces Sohar City Centre project
Muscat, April 27, 2009
Majid Al Futtaim Group, the leading retail and leisure pioneer in the Greater Middle East, has announced its third City Centre project in Oman.
The mixed-use community of shops, entertainment and hotels will be located in the Sultanate’s second largest city, Sohar, and is due to open its doors in the last quarter of 2011.
Sohar City Centre joins the Group’s Muscat City Centre and the recently opened Qurum City Centre shopping malls in the capital.
Sohar City Centre will feature a new Magic Planet for family fun and entertainment, great shopping, with over a hundred stores, a food court with tastes from around the world and even two hotels – Ibis and Novotel, said a company statement.
The City Centre will also introduce Carrefour, the world’s second largest retailer, to Sohar.
Sohar City Centre will face the main UAE to Muscat highway, just 500 metres from the main Sallan roundabout leading to the residential and commercial areas of the city and the port of Sohar.
“Oman has seen real growth in the past few years and Sohar has risen in popularity as well as population. The timing for the City Centre is perfect,” said Shahram Shamsaee, senior vice-president, Shopping Malls at Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
“The Sohar Industrial Port is the fastest growing industrial hub in the region and it’s attracting a large number of investors,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings