Durrat Marina 'work on track'
Manama, May 10, 2009
The Durrat Marina management has announced that work was “on track” in all phases of the project within the planned time frame despite the economic slowdown.
“The project is in its final stages of the infrastructure design which is being done by the renowned Scott Wilson,” Durrat Marina, Bahrain’s leading mix use Marina development project, said in a statement.
“Reclamation works have ended, and we are in the final stages of edge treatment. Infrastructure tender should be placed for selecting construction companies by the year end,” it added.
Company officials said that despite the crisis, investors and the management of Durrat Marina were confident about their product.
'We are introducing a new life style and not just another real estate product. Every part of the project is being done by leaders in their fields.'
The marina, which is considered the heart of the project, is being designed by a renowned Marina engineering firm – New Design Architectural –a French company that has done several big marinas in the French Rivera.”
Durrat Marina recently hosted journalists from local newspaper and business magazines at the project location in the southern part of the Kingdom to update them with the recent developments in the project.
Attendees also discussed the latest trends in the sector in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
Company officials said they found visitors at recent regional shows more mature with their approaches, and have developed clearer visions to the sector – not only rushing to the barely-ripe benefits as they had been historically doing.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna