Dar Al -Arkan plans bonus share issue
Riyadh, May 23, 2009
Dar Al-Arkan, Saudi Arabia's largest property developer by market value, plans to offer shareholders one bonus share for each existing two to raise its capital and fund expansion, it said on Saturday.
The board proposed using the bonus issue to raise the firm's capital to SR10.8 billion ($2.88 billion) from SR7.2 billion, Dar al-Arkan said in a statement after a board meeting.
The capital hike, which will be funded from reserves and retained profit, will help 'ongoing and future expansion in the company's projects', it said.
Shareholders will vote for the bonus issue proposal at an extraordinary assemble of which the date will be fixed later.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower