Alwaleed opens Yemen housing project
Sanaa, May 25, 2009
Yemen president Ali Abdullah Saleh joined Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation, to inaugurate the Al Dhafir Village housing project during the prince's official visit.
The SR30 million ($8 million) project involved the construction of 100 housing units by Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation for the victims of the landslide that rocked Al-Dhafir village in 2005.
Each housing unit is 160 sq m, with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a surrounding garden, said a statement from Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation.
Alwaleed was accompanied by princess Ameerah Altaweel, Foundation vicechairperson, who later handed over the ownership documents to the beneficiaries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike