Alwaleed opens Yemen housing project
Sanaa, May 25, 2009
Yemen president Ali Abdullah Saleh joined Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation, to inaugurate the Al Dhafir Village housing project during the prince's official visit.
The SR30 million ($8 million) project involved the construction of 100 housing units by Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation for the victims of the landslide that rocked Al-Dhafir village in 2005.
Each housing unit is 160 sq m, with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a surrounding garden, said a statement from Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation.
Alwaleed was accompanied by princess Ameerah Altaweel, Foundation vicechairperson, who later handed over the ownership documents to the beneficiaries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing