Nakheel revamps STP deal with Suez
Dubai, May 26, 2009
Nakheel, Dubai’s master developer, has restructured a contract with Suez Environnement- Degremont and Besix, to design, build and operate a 220,000 m3/day sewage treatment plant (STP) at Jumeirah Golf Estates.
The agreement provides for the re-engineering and re-programming of the project to better suit the revised population needs in the emirate of Dubai. They have jointly agreed to cooperate on a 30-year long term partnership basis for the development of 50 per cent of the present capacity of the plant.
'Nakheel is committed to working with the best partners to deliver long term, sustainable results across our portfolio of projects,' said Abdulrahman Kalantar, managing director, Nakheel Asset Management & Design.
'The immediate benefits of the agreement are already being realised with a temporary STP to be commissioned in the coming weeks to deal with early flows, critical networks being completed and engineering of the first two phases of the permanent STP underway with a combined capacity of 110,000m3/d.'
The plant utilises Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) technology to produce high quality effluent which will be used for landscape irrigation and make up water for district cooling.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing