Kone to supply elevators to twisting tower
Dubai, June 10, 2009
Kone, leading manufacturer of industry-leading elevators, escalators and solutions for modernization, has won an order to supply eight customized high-rise elevators for the new Infinity Tower in Dubai.
Three of the elevators will travel at a speed of 8 metres/sec across a maximum travel of 271 metres. The installation of the equipment will start in 2010 and is estimated to be completed in 2011.
With 330 metres and 75 floors, the Infinity Tower will be the highest twisting building in the world. It will be located in the Dubai Marina and will provide unobstructed views over the surrounding The Palm Jumeirah and the Arabian Gulf.
In addition to the building’s impressive profile, designed by Skidmore Owings and Merril, this residential skyscraper will provide its residents with a wide range of sports, conference and retail facilities.
Due to the challenging profile of the building, the elevator shafts take an unconventional circular shape, which required Kone to use its expertise in designing customised solutions to serve the people flow needs of the tower.
In addition, Kone’s pioneering EcoDisc hoisting machine helped to solve the requirements of the high vertical travel combined with limited space for machine rooms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site