Abyaar gets $62m loan for property projects
Kuwait, June 27, 2009
Kuwait's Abyaar Real Estate Development Company said it received KD18 million ($62.48 million) in financing from the Bank of Kuwait and the Middle East (BKME) to help it complete projects.
Hesham al-Obaid, Abyar's chairman, 'explained that the new financing deal is estimated at around 18 million dinars, with the agreed tenor being up to 5 years' a joint statement said.
'The funds will be received by Abyaar in tranches upon the completion of the respective projects. Abyaar has been granted the finance against real estate collaterals,' he said.
In January, Abyaar secured a 14 million dinar loan from BKME to pay off financial obligations and finance projects. In February, Abyaar said said it signed an initial deal for loans worth 45 million dinars from Global Investment House in a debt rescheduling plan.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing