Aecom wins big ME contracts
Abu Dhabi, July 19, 2009
Aecom Technology Corporation, a leading provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients, has clinched two major contracts worth $60 million in the Middle East region.
The wins are an extension from Aldar Properties for a multi-year, $45-million design and construction-management contract for the Al Raha Beach Development project in Abu Dhabi and a $15-million contract to provide program-management services for the first phase of the Knowledge Economic City in Madinah, the company said in a statement.
As the lead design and engineering consultant for construction services on the $14 billion Al Raha Beach Development, Aecom will enable the extension and further development of the project site, which is currently 5 miles long.
The project comprises residential, retail, recreational and commercial properties, including marinas and canal developments.
“We are proud of the excellent work provided by our Al Raha Beach Development team during the past four years and are excited about the opportunity to build on this relationship in providing design and construction management services to enhance and develop this area,” said Aecom president and chief executive officer John M. Dionisio.
The construction services for the project are slated for completion by the end of next year, he added.
For the 2,075-acre Knowledge Economic City project in Madinah, which has an estimated construction value of $8 billion, Aecom will provide services such as project controls, procurement, construction logistics and construction-phase project management.
The Knowledge Economic City development is expected to be completed in 10 to 12 years. The development is expected to create more than 20,000 jobs and accommodate about 150,000 people.
'This exciting project in Saudi Arabia provides an excellent example of how Aecom is able to leverage our global expertise and presence to serve our clients,' said Dionisio.
“Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi are two strategically important regions for Aecom, and we are proud to play such vital roles in their further development,” he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project