Sembol’s $185m Astana stadium opens
Dubai, July 23, 2009
The ultra modern Astana Arena Stadium, valued at $185 million and built by Sembol Construction, the construction arm of Rixos, was officially inaugurated today (July 23).
Sembol Construction is the largest Turkish company currently investing in Astana, Kazakhstan, which started work on the Astana Arena stadium designed by architects Tabanlıoglu Architecture in 2006.
“We at Sembol Construction are proud to have played a key role in the establishment of such a major Kazakhstani icon, the Astana Arena Stadium,” said Fettah Tamince, co-founder of Sembol Construction at the ceremony.
“The stadium stands at the forefront of global stadium architecture and technology, and will certainly contribute towards the thriving cultural and social scene within the rapidly developing Astana. It is a prestigious project not only for Kazakhstan, but also for our group; we are very excited about our future and ongoing investments within the country,” he added.
Labeled “the most beautiful stadium in Europe” by UEFA president Platini, Astana Stadium is located centrally in Astana across a 232,485 sq mt area and has a capacity of 30,000 people.
The ellipse-shaped project boasts a retractable roof structure for all weather conditions that operates independently from the permanent cloth roof designed to protect the green field.
The football field is compatible with FIFA and UEFA regulations with floor heating and a high-tech pitch, and the stadium will also host other sports events such as basketball and tennis, as well as concerts, fairs and other entertainment events.
“The entire Sembol Construction team is pleased to be able to contribute to the success of such projects and aim to continue in our feat to provide feasible, financially-sound solutions for mega construction projects,” Tamince added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract