Alfanar wins substation contracts worth $97m
Riyadh, August 10, 2009
Alfanar Construction, a leading EPC contractor in the power and water sectors, has signed contracts worth SR364 million ($97.2 million) for construction of substations at Jizan Economic City and King Abdul Aziz Medical City.
Alfanar was recently awarded two major substation contracts – the construction of the Jizan 380/132/13.8kV substation for a value of SR254 million ($67.7 million) by Jizan Economic City and the construction of the new 132/13.8kV substation by the National Guard at the King Abdul Aziz Medical City.
The power connection to the proposed Jizan substation is through 380kV double circuit over head transmission lines from Shuqaiq IWPP 380kV substation and Kudmi 380kV substation. The project technical completion period is 24 months.
The 132/13.8kV substation at the King Abdul Aziz Medical City comes as part of the National Guard - Health Affairs’ plan to further enhance the power supply to the Medical City.
The strategic contract includes the laying of 132KV power and fibre optic cable circuits for a value of SR109.9 million. The project technical completion period is 16 months. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property