Fewa signs Ajman plant contract
Dubai, September 8, 2009
The Federal Electricity and Water Authority (Fewa) has signed a contract with Aqua Engineering for the construction, supply and operation of a 7 million imperial gallons desalination plant in Al Zawra, Ajman.
As per the agreement, Aqua Engineering will be responsible for the design, manufacture, supply, on site construction, testing and commissioning of the Dh139 million ($37.8 million) plant.
Additionally they will be responsible for the handover of all civil, mechanical, electrical and control equipment for this state-of-the-art seawater reverse osmosis desalination plant.
Mohammed Salah, Fewa general manager and Johannes Laimer, managing director of Aqua Engineering, signed the agreement at Fewa's head office in Dubai in the presence of Mohammed Khalil Al Shamsi, the Fewa director of Corporate Communications and Abdul Rahman Al Sheikh, manager of Legal Affairs Department, Fewa.
The latest agreement comes as part of a series of projects Fewa is currently engaged in for the enhancement of the water supply to the Northern Emirates.
Recent projects include the establishment of new plants in Ajman and in Ras Al Khaimah that will have an output of 10 million gallons of drinking water daily and 15 million gallons of drinking water daily respectively.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan