Fewa signs Ajman plant contract
Dubai, September 8, 2009
The Federal Electricity and Water Authority (Fewa) has signed a contract with Aqua Engineering for the construction, supply and operation of a 7 million imperial gallons desalination plant in Al Zawra, Ajman.
As per the agreement, Aqua Engineering will be responsible for the design, manufacture, supply, on site construction, testing and commissioning of the Dh139 million ($37.8 million) plant.
Additionally they will be responsible for the handover of all civil, mechanical, electrical and control equipment for this state-of-the-art seawater reverse osmosis desalination plant.
Mohammed Salah, Fewa general manager and Johannes Laimer, managing director of Aqua Engineering, signed the agreement at Fewa's head office in Dubai in the presence of Mohammed Khalil Al Shamsi, the Fewa director of Corporate Communications and Abdul Rahman Al Sheikh, manager of Legal Affairs Department, Fewa.
The latest agreement comes as part of a series of projects Fewa is currently engaged in for the enhancement of the water supply to the Northern Emirates.
Recent projects include the establishment of new plants in Ajman and in Ras Al Khaimah that will have an output of 10 million gallons of drinking water daily and 15 million gallons of drinking water daily respectively.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014