Piling experts to attend Jeddah event
Jeddah, September 14, 2009
Major piling contractors in Saudi Arabia will discuss some of their more innovative works at the Piling & Deep Foundations Saudi Arabia summit in November.
The summit, a part of IQPC's Piling & Deep Foundations series of events, will be held from November 7 - 10 in Jeddah.
The conferences in the Middle East and Asia have already brought together over 500 engineers from the geo-world, said a statement.
New techniques of foundation design and construction where boulders and cavities exist will be addressed through interactive discussion. Innovative designs for systems in collapsing and expanding soils, and piling work in Jeddah's coralline strata, will also be shared at length through unique case studies.
Prof Harry Poulos, senior principal, Coffey Geotechnics, and professor, University of Sydney, describes these conferences as "excellent events, well organized, with good speakers on relevant topics".
Sunil Manchanda, principal structural engineer, KEO International Consultants, described the most recent Piling & Deep Foundations Summit in the Middle East as "a remarkable effort to collect so many experts at one venue". - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals