Piling experts to attend Jeddah event
Jeddah, September 14, 2009
Major piling contractors in Saudi Arabia will discuss some of their more innovative works at the Piling & Deep Foundations Saudi Arabia summit in November.
The summit, a part of IQPC's Piling & Deep Foundations series of events, will be held from November 7 - 10 in Jeddah.
The conferences in the Middle East and Asia have already brought together over 500 engineers from the geo-world, said a statement.
New techniques of foundation design and construction where boulders and cavities exist will be addressed through interactive discussion. Innovative designs for systems in collapsing and expanding soils, and piling work in Jeddah's coralline strata, will also be shared at length through unique case studies.
Prof Harry Poulos, senior principal, Coffey Geotechnics, and professor, University of Sydney, describes these conferences as "excellent events, well organized, with good speakers on relevant topics".
Sunil Manchanda, principal structural engineer, KEO International Consultants, described the most recent Piling & Deep Foundations Summit in the Middle East as "a remarkable effort to collect so many experts at one venue". - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp