Work starts on $396m Bahrain project
Manama, October 6, 2009
Work has commenced at the site of a $396 million (BD149.6 million) real estate project at Amwaj Islands, developers have announced.
Speaking after a Press conference to mark the signing of a contract with Charilaos Apostilides (Chapo) Bahrain, Lona Real Estate Development business development manager Nouf Jamsheer confirmed that pylon construction had begun on the first phase of Amwaj Waves.
'The first wave will feature four contemporary residential buildings consisting of two 13-floor and two 15-floor buildings, consisting of 299 apartments with scenic views of the sea, the city and a landscaped pool area.'
Amwaj Waves, which is expected to be completed by early 2012, will offer a total of 1,106 freehold apartments and recreational facilities spread over 287,083sqm within its four 'waves'.
Designed by Davenport Campbell, it is intended to resemble undulating waves from above.
Chapo Bahrain beat off competition from 10 other qualifying companies for the contract to build the first wave, which also includes over 1,661sqm of commercial space.
Each wave represents a different phase of the project, but prices for the one-bed, two-bed, three-bed and penthouse apartments have not yet been announced.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals