Galfar wins $105m Oman airport deal
Muscat, October 21, 2009
Galfar Engineering has won a 40.5 million rial ($105.2 million) tender for the Ras Al Hadd airport, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
"We won the Ras Al Hadd tender for 40.5 million rials," Hans Erlings told Reuters.
The Omani firm beat out bids from India's Larsen & Toubro, South Korea's Hanjin Heavy Industries, Austria-based Strabag and another Omani contractor, Desert Lines.
In August, Oman invited tenders for the construction of three airports at Sohar, Duqm and the extension of the Salalah airport. -Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract