Aldar completes Ferrari World external structure
Abu Dhabi, October 31, 2009
Aldar Properties, Abu Dhabi's leading property development, management and investment company, has announced the completion of the external structure of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
Located on Yas Island, Aldar's brand new retail, leisure and entertainment destination and host venue for the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is set to be the world's largest indoor theme park and the first ever Ferrari theme park in the world when it opens in 2010.
The iconic sleek red roof directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body covers a surface area of 200,000 sqm and features the largest Scuderia Ferrari 'prancing horse' emblem in the world, measuring 66m in diameter. 35,000 tonnes sqm of concrete, 12,370 tonnes of steel, 29,000 sqm of facade glazing and 165,000 sqm of roof cladding were used to create the park's superstructure which was completed in 14 months. Over 4,500 workers have been involved in this major construction project on a daily basis.
A joint venture management construction company owned by Aldar and Besix, the largest Belgian construction group, is responsible for the management of the project, whilst UK firm Benoy is the architect and lead consultant.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be operated by Farah Leisure Park Management, a joint venture between Aldar and ProFun Management Group.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be an intense multi-sensory experience and a must-visit venue for enthusiasts, fans and families. It pays tribute to the passion, excellence, performance and technical innovation that Ferrari has established over the years and represents today, according to a spokesperson.
The park will host over 20 state-of-the-art attractions, each designed to bring to life a different part of the Ferrari story. This includes the world's fastest rollercoaster, travelling at speeds exceeding 200 km/h emulating the thrilling sensation of being in a Ferrari F1 car, the G-force experience that takes passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62 m through the roof and back down again, as well as an aerial voyage over Italy, following a Ferrari. The unique experiences offered at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be complemented by a wide variety of Italian delicacies and unique shopping experiences.
'Signature projects like this are another element of our commitment and contribution to Plan Abu Dhabi 2030, by delivering attractions that further enhance the emirate's credentials as an exciting place to live and visit,' stated Mohammed Al Mubarak, chief commercial officer, Aldar Properties and chairman of Farah Leisure Park Management.
'With the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix just days away, this milestone is a fantastic demonstration of the blossoming relationship between Abu Dhabi and Ferrari,' added Piero Ferrari, vice chairman, Ferrari Spa.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna