Jumeirah Lakes Towers 'a free zone'
Dubai, November 3, 2009
The Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) in Dubai is an integral part of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and therefore enjoys absolute free zone status, a statement said.
Authority wishes to state that JLT is an integral part of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre free zone ("DMCC") and therefore enjoys absolute free zone status.
The DMCC was established by way of a Dubai Royal Decision dated the May 1, 2002 in which DMCC's free zone status is clearly stated, it said.
Today, 1,800 companies avail of the state-of-the-art free zone facilities in JLT.
"DMCC Authority would also like to state that anyone wishing to establish a company and operate within the JLT free zone boundaries is required to be licensed by DMCCA. All premises within the JLT are subject to DMCCA rules and regulations without exception," the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project