Jumeirah Lakes Towers 'a free zone'
Dubai, November 3, 2009
The Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) in Dubai is an integral part of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and therefore enjoys absolute free zone status, a statement said.
Authority wishes to state that JLT is an integral part of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre free zone ("DMCC") and therefore enjoys absolute free zone status.
The DMCC was established by way of a Dubai Royal Decision dated the May 1, 2002 in which DMCC's free zone status is clearly stated, it said.
Today, 1,800 companies avail of the state-of-the-art free zone facilities in JLT.
"DMCC Authority would also like to state that anyone wishing to establish a company and operate within the JLT free zone boundaries is required to be licensed by DMCCA. All premises within the JLT are subject to DMCCA rules and regulations without exception," the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi