Galfar Engineering Q3 profit falls 63.8pc
Muscat, November 8, 2009
Oman's Galfar Engineering & Contracting made a third-quarter net profit of 1.25 million rials ($3.25 million), down 63.8 per cent from the same period last year.
The company made a net profit of 9.72 million rials in the first nine months of the year, without offering a breakdown of the quarterly data.
That compared to 15.95 million rials in the period a year earlier, it said on a statement on the Muscat bourse website.
It made a net profit of 3.45 million rials in the third quarter of 2008.
The firm's profit fell short of two analysts forecasts in a Reuters survey in October. -Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower