Damac to start work on Hyde Park in Dec
Cairo, November 18, 2009
Damac Properties is expected to select the main contractor for its Hyde Park project in New Cairo by the middle of December 2009 and begin work immediately.
The project, launched in December 2007, involves the construction of 88 buildings comprising 320 villas (town houses). It will cover an area of 4.7 million sq m.
Bassenian Lagoni Architects have designed Hyde Park’s villas along the theme of “Italian-Country, California-Spanish and Neo-classical”.
It is a residential project consisting of the most exclusive villa development with unique design and architecture. The grading works have been tendered and work has commenced on site.
Arabian Company is the Grading contractor and Damac has also signed a contract with “ECG” consulting company to handle supervision and design.
Damac will start delivering the first units of Hyde Park by the end of 2011.
In keeping with Damac Properties’ promise to provide clients with a healthy environment; the project will feature green spaces where Hyde Park residents will enjoy more than 1 million sq m of charming natural landscape in addition to a walking and running track exceeding 7 km long.
Nine major Egyptian contracting companies have joined the bidding and Damac will choose the best tender according to quality of constructions, including commitment to the projects’ standards and characteristics, a statement said.
Alaa Ayoub, chief executive officer for Damac Properties Egypt, said: ‘’We promised our clients luxury in all our projects, and the issuing of this tender is a major step in our development. We have set early November as the deadline for receiving tenders.
“The successful tender bid will be announced by the middle of December 2009 and the successful contractor will commence work immediately,” he said.
“This step expresses our company’s commitment to the implementation of our project and fulfilling promises that we gave to our clients. On our part, we look forward to starting work in this uniquely-designed project”, Ayoub added.
Damac Properties targets implementation of numerous luxury projects in Egypt and is considered one of the premium Arab and Gulf companies that have major investments in the Egyptian real estate sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum